Below is the order we filmed thing and some notes on how the filming went. I didn't keep track of the dates but it ranged from mid October and was completed on the 23rd November
1.filming with Anton ( present Dani) - I filmed the scenes with the pimp/ scummy man were he is counting his money and making lines of cocaine and snorting it. This filming didn't go overly well, as it was my first time I didn't take enough shots in a variety of angles. Some were more usable than others. The lack of sot variety doesn't matter too much as it is only 2 shots in the video.
2. Filming with Dani and Anton ( present Dani and Brisilda) We re filmed the shots of the pimp counting money and snorting cocaine. We also filmed the shots of the prostitute walking up to his house and subsequently up to his room, the shots in the bed afterwards were he throws money at her and the prostitute leaving. During this session we had issues charging the camera, this was our fault as we should of double checked how to charge the camera before leaving school. Instead of giving up we decided to film on Brasilia’s phone as the camera quality was really good. However when importing it we realised the filming was all portrait rather than landscape and therefore didn't fit in with the rest of the video and therefore was unusable
3. Filming prostitute getting read ( Present Dani, Brisilda and Georgia) In this session we were filming the prostitute getting ready to go out, we were also filming the end ing of the video when gets backs and takes all her make up off and appears weak and vulnerable. We were all happy with how the filming turned up, but noticed the quality of the camera wasn't every good. Upon discussion with our teachers we decided we needed to re film and use better lighting in order to make the shots looks better.
4. Town scenes (Present Dani, Brisilda and Georgia) On the 18th of November we filmed the night time scenes. We went up town and filmed shots of the prostitute walking around, counting her money and getting food. When researching vide I really like the scene in Saul Ashby’s ‘London is a crime scene’ were he picks up items along the way, I suggested that we recreate that for our video, so while the prostitute is walking she picks up a coat and a hat. We also filmed a lot of shot of our selves walking and the scenery to show that the video takes place in a lot of different locations.
5. Re filming of getting ready scenes ( Present Dani and Georgia) Since we needed to re film the prostitute getting ready I suggested we film it to two different outfits to show the audience this isn't a one time occurrence. So everything we filmed in one outfit, for example, putting clothes on and fixing her hair we did in both outfits. We also re filmed the scenes of the prostitute drinking, going out, coming back home and taking her make up off. Getting undressed and taking make off was only filmed in the first outfit to show that she was no longer looking back at the past. During the first filming of this scene we recorded the prostitute getting in to bed and going to sleep, this seems a little pointless when we started to piece our video together, so we left it out when re filming.
6. Filming with the client (Present Dani) As mentioned previously we were unable to use the footage we filmed on our second shoot. The friend who's house we were filming in has moved so we were unable to film in the same location. I suggested that we carry on using the money and cocaine scenes from the first shoot and re film the prostitute entering and leaving the house. As I was filming by myself I was unable to film the scenes in the bed, so just filmed what I was able to do. I feel the shots worked well and as we didn't use Anton like we had had originally planned, I feel using William helped to show that she was a prostitute and sees many different men.
7. Re filming with the pimp (present Dani and Georgia) After feedback we learnt that we needed to re include the sections of the video including the pimp. As what we had previously filmed was unusable we had to re film in order to include the pimp n our video. I think what we got worked well as we are now able to jump between the prostitute and the pimp getting ready. Also we were able to film the prostitute getting in to the car, which I believe made the video look a lot more realistic.
8. Final prostitute smoking scenes ( present Dani) In order to have enough footage to fill the whole of the song we needed to record another small piece. I thought having the prostitute up against a lamp post smoking would work well for the final clip we needed. The lamp post had been a scene we had spoke about including when we first story boarded our video, but when we originally filmed it the camera wasn't held correctly and therefore it couldn't be used. Being the only group member present limited the shots I could do. For the long shots I had the actor playing the pimp holding the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment