Sunday, 30 November 2014

Props/ outfits

We wanted to follow classic conventions when planning the outfits for the prostitute, so I picked outfits that were revealing. The first outfit, and the outfit that is featured the most is a black playsuit, with lace at the front and the back. I personally feel this outfit is very revealing and suits the character well. The second outfit, the one used in the past memories  consisted of a tight black mini skirt and a sheer blouse. Although more covered up than the first outfit, I feel the short skirt and sheer blouse still fit the character well. For the pimp I felt a classic ‘Jack the lad’ outfit would work well, I also thought it was important to keep the outfit fashionable, so I decided on a burgundy Harrington jacket,white top and jeans. I think this outfit worked really well and looked effective on camera. I think the pimp would look best if he had stubble for a beard, as this would make him appear older. I wanted the outfit for the client the be fashionable. Therefore we with simple light jeans and a black graphic top




Prostitute (outfit 1)









Prostitute (outfit 2)












Pimp outfit













Client outfit












Prop are key to making this video work so we created stacks of fake money to use in the pimp scenes, these would be laying around the table and he would be counting some. We also used baking powder to mimic cocaine so the pimp could line it up and pretend to snort it, we got him to use a fake £20 note to snort the powder. For the scenes of the prostitute getting ready we need an empty bottle of vodka that we can fill with water and use it to take shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment