Sunday, 25 January 2015

DigiPak and magazine advert photo shoot

Over the weekend I have deliberated over the digipak and advert photography, I feel the pictures aren't right for what we need and feel they are bringing our work down. The pictures weren't planned and were a rushed last minutes job, I feel we need to take more time to plan what models we want (if we even want models at all), the style of picture we want to take and the location we want them to be taken in.

I plan to use the same minimalist & polished look that I used last year in my AS coursework, for my magazine INFLUXX. I also want to use the same style of photography as last year (Terry Richardson & Viktor Vauthier) using a stark and bold style that is honest to the camera. I have proved before that this is a successful way of capturing images and it is also something that I know I can achieve. In post production I also plan to edit my images, however keeping the editing to a minimum so they're not too distorted or unnatural. I believe the models clothes should relate to the video, our video is dark and previously our models were dressed smart, this didn't match the style of the video.

AS work




 Examples of Terry Richardson's work





I like how this images look so natural, especially the James Franco image, I think this is something we will easily be able to recreate 


Example of Viktor Vauthier's work




I again love the simplicity of these images, they don't look staged which is a style I really like. I'm also drawn to this style of image as the bright, natural lighting makes the models appear flawless. Although these images might not be gritty enough for our digipak and advert it is still something I'd like to try.

Once images have been taken I'll post them on a separate blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment